Friday, December 16, 2011

Merry Christmas! Yep I said it!

Merry Christmas all my dear friends! I have been more conscious of saying it this wonderful season. I had to explain to a friend that it is not that we are against saying Happy Holidays, but that people (store cashiers) are being told NOT to say it. That is when us Christians have to stand up for our beliefs!


I had my 5th or 6th annual cookie exchange, we had our 13th annual ornament exchange, 17 wonderful friends came to exchange cookies, eat some yummy foods, play games, and fellowship! Loved it!
We are having a wonderful time so far! We went to the Festival of trees and turned in a coloring contest paper and checked out some beautiful trees, we went to Christmas 365 and enjoyed 50 beautiful trees there, with some yummy food. The kids had wonderful class parties today- Steven played Santa Claus at Alcott and passed out Candy Grams! Savannah got another one from Parker again...so stinkin cute!


We had our 13th annual ornament exchange. What a special treat it is knowing that I have been friends with some of these ladies for over 20+ years, I know these friendships will last FOREVER!



We went to Sand Haven Pines and Savannah and Shawn chopped (sawed) down our Christmas tree! It was SOOOO COLD...so we picked fast and then hurried to Nana's for a warm yummy dinner. Speaking of my mom, she said the BEST thing to me 2 days ago that she has ever told me. We were talking and she said, "Who would have ever thought when I was pregnant with you, (40 years ago) that you would end up being my best friend!"- That has to be one of the BEST presents I have ever received.

No comments: